Sunday, November 4, 2012

We are ALL God's children.

This last week at my college we had Global Focus Week, a week of meditating, reflecting, learning and informing ourselves about issues in the world. The theme was "Wealth + Poverty." Never have I been more grateful and appreciative of the opportunities and things that I have. This week has opened my eyes to what is out there in this world, abroad and in my own city. Not that I didn't know it existed before, and not that I ignored the fact that it was there, but it urged me to change my mindset and see what I can do to help.

The events of last week stirred in me a desire to serve more, to get involved, to humble myself and take advantage of what God has for me, to be his workmanship. Now I don't know if that means simple things like serving at a local food bank or tutoring in the city or going on a long-term missions project after I graduate, but I do know that is calls for obedience, diligence and prayer. I'm finding more and more reasons to be thankful in my life and hoping that you are doing the same. Take advantage of everything you can, all the little or big opportunities, because one moment can really change your life.

God Bless,
Max

No comments:

Post a Comment